You will find the congruent triangle pairs among the given triangles.
After completing this tutorial, you will be able to complete the following:
In this Activity Object, students will find congruent triangle pairs using congruency properties. It should be noted that congruent triangles can be identified using one, two, or three of the properties described below.
The following key vocabulary terms will be used throughout this Activity Object:
· ASA congruency property - two triangles are congruent if any two angles and the included side of one triangle are equal to any two angles and the included side of the other triangle
· congruent - exactly equal in size and shape; a pair of angles and/or side measures can be considered congruent.
· congruent triangles - two triangles are said to be congruent if their corresponding parts are equal
· corresponding parts - the parts of congruent or similar triangles that match: e.g. corresponding sides, corresponding angles.
· Pythagorean theorem - the sum of the squares of the lengths of the two legs of a right triangle is equal to the square of the length of the hypotenuse; this can be expressed by: a2 + b2 = c2
· SAS congruency property -if two sides and the included angle of one triangle are congruent to two sides and the included angle of another triangle, then the two triangles are congruent
· SSS congruency property - if three sides of one triangle are the same lengths as three sides of another triangle, then they are congruent
· triangle - a polygon with three sides and three angles
|Approximate Time||20 Minutes|
|Pre-requisite Concepts||Learners should be familiar with the ASA Congruency Property, attributes of triangles, congruent triangles, SSS Congruency Property, SAS Congruency Property, Pythagorean theorem, and radicals.|
|Type of Tutorial||Skills Application|
|Key Vocabulary||AAA congruency property, congruence of triangles, congruency|