You will learn how changes that have been caused by humans affect ecosystems.
After completing this tutorial, you will be able to complete the following:
1. When speaking about plants, what do the terms annual and perennial mean?
~ The terms annual and perennial refer to the length of a plant's lifespan. An annual plant will live for only one year or season, while a perennial plant will live for more than two years.
2. What causes different types of plants to flower during different seasons?
~ The main reason why various plants flower during different seasons is because the length of day and night changes from month to month.
3. When do short-day plants grow and develop? When do they flower?
~ Short-day plants, such as poinsettias and strawberries, develop their roots, stems, and leaves during the long days of summer and produce flowers during shorter days.
4. When do plants like grasses and sugar canes flower?
~ Grasses and sugar canes, which are known as intermediate-day plants, flower when day length is neither too short nor too long.
5. What causes flowering to occur in day-neutral plants?
~ Flowering in day-neutral plants is caused by various environmental factors, such as a drop in temperature.
|Approximate Time||2 Minutes|
|Pre-requisite Concepts||Students should be familiar with the terms ecosystems, global warming, and endangered species.|
|Type of Tutorial||Animation|
|Key Vocabulary||endangered species, environmental pollution, global warming|